Thursday 13 January 2011

Travel Versus A Career


I'm being plagued by the desire to leave my career, escape to new lands, to experience new cultures and to visit the world around me. Coincidentally, Lonely Planet posted a link on Twitter to an article, 'Travel vs Career: does it have to be all or nothing?'. It provoked my thoughts further.

There was a forum where somebody had posted the question 'Who has given up a "career" for a life of travel?'. I found some of the responses to be incredibly profound.

"Who could ever regret spending their life travelling? It's the people who spend all their lives consumed by work and motivated by money, gadgets and possessions who will feel regret."

"Would you rather regret the thing you did or the things you didn't do?"

Food for thought.

RB x

No comments:

Post a Comment