Thursday 6 January 2011

A Lovely Start To The New Year

There were 8 hours until we were to cross over into 2011 and I was driving along the M62 towards the North East. It's a long, boring and monotonous drive - especially when a large section of the motorway is unlit in the evening - and I absolutely always struggle to stay awake on the journey! Thankfully, I was accompanied by three lovely friends who were able to keep me entertained for the duration of the trip.

My New Years' Eve was being spent in Chop Gate, North Yorkshire with my friend and her family, who have recently taken over a Country Pub/Bed and Breakfast called 'The Buck Inn' (shameless plug, but you should definitely visit the website by following this link).

The weekend consisted of great food, great company, laughter, alcohol and trips around the area - including a day trip to Robin Hood's Bay and Whitby on the East Coast and a trip to York.

It was sad to have to return home and, more distressingly, return to work! However, I was glad to have enjoyed such a fantastic and long Christmas break surrounded by my favourite friends and family!

Happy New Year, once again.


Above: A picture that I took at Robin Hood's Bay on the East Coast of Yorkshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment