Tuesday 21 December 2010

It’s the most wonderful time of the year.


Hello again!

The festive week has begun and Christmas Day is no fewer than 4 days away! How exciting!

To kick-start a week of festive spirit and seasonal celebrations, I enjoyed a short weekend trip to the great city of London. I love London. It's such a vibrant city that is entirely drenched in history! Every time I visit I feel the buzz and fast pace of life.

My friend, Anita, and I enjoyed a walk around Camden Market, Camden Locks and Camden Christmas Markets. We ate some lovely food and drank hot chocolate to keep us warm in the sub-zero temperatures. The weekend also included a trip to a snowy Portobello Road for the famous Portobello Market, a fun visit to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park (which included a mug of mulled wine) and a brisk walk from Trafalgar Square to Buckingham Palace.

We stepped things up for a final treat before our return home with a cocktail in the glamorous and trendy Mayfair Bar in the Mayfair Hotel.

The heavy snow caused much chaos with traffic and I spent 11 hours on a bus trying to get home!! I didn’t complain though, the view outside was stunning and the experience was quite an adventure.

The following day, after catching up on some sleep, I met two friends and enjoyed a walk through some snowy woods, ate carvery and drank mulled wine in a local country pub and took some beautiful photographs of the stunning winter scenery.

Below is a selection of photographs that I took over the weekend.








  

No comments:

Post a Comment