Friday 26 November 2010

By the way, I went to Gran Canaria the other week...

I had such a good trip in Gran Canaria!

I didn't have massive expectations. Admittedly, all I knew of the Canary Islands was that they are a Brits paradise...and I generally hate other British people on holiday! I had an idea in my mind that it would be full of chavs. A warmer Blackpool, for example, or on par with Benidorm.

However, whilst Las Palmas isn't the prettiest or most impressive of cities that I've visited, I grew fond of it during my stay. Apparently, the south of the island is more Blackpool-esque. But it's also home to some beautiful sand dunes in Maspalomas. If I ever return to the island, I'd certainly consider a day trip down to the south.

I was able to do exactly what I had hoped - have fun, relax and soak up some rays! I spent days on the beach lying under the glorious sunshine and beautiful 27°C November heat, I met a brilliant group of people who made the trip even more enjoyable and I drove at sunset, for the first time abroad, through a stunning coastal mountain range called Andén Verde...I'm planning to go back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment